Google is the bread and butter of online marketing, so of course they are in our favorites. But there's a reason they have such an impact.
- They have a simple design. Their search interface is clean and un-cluttered.
- They're consistent. The search interface and search results that you know and love as Google has remained relatively unchanged for the last decade. Which means users know exactly how and where to find the information they're looking for.
- They know what they're the best at. They know their strengths and stick to them.
- They're innovative. Case in point: Amazon Prime and Amazon Dash. They have also begun generating their own content. To us, there's nothing better than innovation.
- They're customer-centric. Amazon will always go above and beyond to attract new customers and to maintain loyalty within their current customer base. Offering quicker service through Prime is the perfect example of this.
- Convenience. Let's face it, we all need convenience in our lives. Amazon provides quick and easy shopping for just about anything.
You didn't think Marketers could leave out this social media giant, did you? Facebook effectively changed the way the world communicates.
- Facebook changed the way we communicate with our friends and family. Gone are the days of phone calls for updates on our lives or sifting through a stack of photos from important events. And now, for better or for worse, your friends and family see MORE of your lives.
- Facebook changed the way we get our news. Its immediacy allows us to know what is happening not only in our community, but around the world, without waiting for the next news segment to air or the following day's newspaper to be released.
- Facebook changed the way consumers and brands interact. The platform allows for a stronger way for businesses to connect with their customers and attract potential customers. Likewise, it allows for customers to stay up-to-date and to make informed decisions.
- Craigslist changed the way consumers buy and sell. As an online classifieds section, we no longer need newspapers to sell, buy, or rent anything: home goods, vehicles, real estate, and vehicles
- It's simple, free, and localized. Meaning, anyone can use it, and it's easy and convenient to make nearby exchanges.
- Etsy is a great way for artists and home businesses to sell their niche products online, which allows them to make a greater profit:
- Which means sellers can receive recognition for their work and build a greater audience they otherwise wouldn't be able to reach.
- They have a simple, easy-to-use sales process, making purchases convenient for customers.
Need to implement some of these themes in your website? We'd love to chat.