This week, DMI Studios has been knee deep in all things Search Engine Marketing while attending the SES Conference & Expo in Chicago #SESCHI. SES provides marketing professionals, brand advertisers, agencies, and business leaders with the knowledge and tools needed to traverse the dynamic digital landscape. Translation- the best and the brightest gather together to share ideas and talk about what’s new and trending.
While our brains are still brimming with everything we’ve learned, we thought we give a few quick highlights and interesting facts.
- Over 200 data points are used by Google to determine organic positioning. The top 3 are Site Structure, Frequency of Updates and Linking- Content really is king!
- 100 billion queries per month come into Google.
- 16% of Google inquiries have never been seen by Google before.
- 80% of queries have no exact match.
- 40% searches are over 3 words long.
- 5.6 billion queries per month come into Bing.
- Bing controls 30% of the US Market.
- Bing has 151 million unique users.
- Bing claims to have 46 million users that don’t also use Google.
- Bing users spend on average 5.4% more per transaction than Googlers.
- There's 1 billion products in Google Shopping.
- Google Shopping boasts over 100,000 retailers.
- By submitting themselves for review by Google, a retailer can become “Trusted” by Google. Google reports a 5-10% gain in orders for stores that have become trusted.
- Social campaigns on Facebook or Twitter can also help with other campaigns like content marketing, link building, brand awareness, lead generation and SEO.
- Social Media can be used as a way to get others to do your work for you- spreading the word about your brand.
- Twitter processes about 1 million tweets per week.
- 20% of all tweets are invitations for product info and 48% are to introduce a brand.
- 25% of internet users go to a website after learning about it on some form of social media.
- 500 billion minutes a month are spent on Facebook.
- Wal-mart.com does 1/20 the sales of Amazon.com.
- Google is offering up to $10,000 a month in free Pay Per Click ads to Non-profit organizations.
- Mobile marketing accounts for only 1% of ad spend but 23% of web use.
- Local Search comprises 40% of all mobile traffic.
Whew! That was quite a brain dump! We’d be more than happy to talk with you about more ideas and options that could impact your business- just give us a day or two for the swelling in our heads to go down!