Here at DMI Studios, we're all partial to treats over tricks. So to celebrate, instead of our regularly scheduled blog post, here are a few fun Halloween facts:
- Halloween is second only to Christmas for holiday online sales.
- Chocolate makes up about three-quarters of a trick-or-treater’s loot, according to the National Confectioners Association.
- Candy corn has been made with the same recipe by the Jelly Belly Candy Company since around 1900. What's in that recipe, exactly? Sugar, corn syrup, and marshmallow.
- 90% of parents admit to sneaking candy from their kids hauls. (That number sounds low!)
- Halloween is thought to have originated around 4000 B.C., which means Halloween has been around for over 6,000 years.
- The first known mention of trick-or-treating in print in North America occurred in 1927 in Blackie, Alberta, Canada